Last updated: April 2021
This privacy notice provides information regarding processing by the International Finance Corporation (“IFC”, “our” or “we”) of personal data of individuals (“you”) who register for an IFC organized (or co-organized) event. For purposes of this notice, “event” includes any conference, webinar, forum, seminar or workshop, whether taking place virtually or in-person.
How does IFC use the information you provide when you register for an event?
By registering for a specific event, you agree to IFC’s processing of the personal data you submit as part of registration for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you regarding the specific event for which you registered;
- for our internal reporting purposes;
- as reasonably necessary for the management and organization of the specific event for which you registered; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent in connection with the specific event.
To whom does IFC disclose the information you provide when your register for an event?
By registering for a specific event, you agree that IFC may disclose the personal data you submit as part of registration to:
- co-organizers of the event as reasonably necessary for the management and organization of the specific event for which you registered;
- third-party service providers assisting IFC with the specific event, subject to contractually agreed conditions of confidentiality and security; or
- other third-parties for which you consent to disclosure in connection with the specific event.
Audio and Visual Recording; Live Streaming
Photographs and/or audio-visual footage may be taken and/or live-streamed during (part of) an IFC event. Photos and videos can be published on IFC websites and social media pages as well as on the co-organizer’s online platforms. Photos and videos may also be recorded and can be reproduced in various media including IFC publications, social networks and press, in connection with a specific event, or for further institutional purposes as well as for promotional activities of IFC. By attending an IFC organized (or co-organized) event, you agree you may appear in published photos and/or videos as stated above.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this privacy notice, in accordance with our appliable records retention and disposition schedules.
Where can you find more information about IFC’s privacy practices?
For more information on IFC’s approach to personal data protection, including how to directly contact or request information from IFC’s Data Privacy Office, please visit IFC.org/privacy.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated on the date listed above. If we change it, we will post the new version to this website.