IFC’s evaluations aim to articulate credible and comprehensive development impact results of our activities, ensure accountability to our many stakeholders, add value to our clients, and inform strategy and operations within IFC and beyond.
IFC’s evaluations are closely linked to both our monitoring and knowledge systems, allowing us to demonstrate how our work contributes to economic growth. For example, we look at the impact our projects have on creating jobs and providing services, both of which are critical pathways for achieving the World Bank Group’s twin goals of eradicating extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity.
IFC evaluative thought leadership adds a wider value to the community of Development Finance Institutions on the impact of private sector investments. It also contributes to potential ex-ante impact consideration for new investments in developing, fragile, and conflict-affected contexts. Our work complements evaluations conducted by the Independent Evaluation Group, which reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- External End-of-Term Evaluation of the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise Technical Assistance Facility for the Middle East and North Africa (July, 2018)
- Final Evaluation of the Philippine Sustainable Energy Finance (March, 2017)
- Vietnam Debt Resolution Program Mid-Term Review (February, 2017)
- Process Evaluation of Component III of Bangladesh Water PaCT: Partnership for Cleaner Textile (January, 2017)
- EAP Financial Infrastructure Development Program (November, 2015)
- Environment and Social Risk Management for Financial Institutions Program in East Asia and Pacific Region Mid-Term Review (September, 2015)
- Philippines Agribusiness Program Mid-Term Review (August, 2015)
- The Impact of Credit Information on Firm Financing (August, 2014)
- Mid-term Evaluation of the CHUEE 3 Program (July, 2014)
- Outcome Evaluation on PT South Pacific Viscose Line IV Project (July, 2014)
- End of Program: Africa Schools Kenya (July, 2014)
- Evaluation of the Infrastructure Development Collaboration Partnership Fund (DevCo), a Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) Facility (June, 2014)