Types of Roles – Investment Officer
Investment Officers are the project leaders of multidisciplinary teams of IFC professionals who have expertise in the regions or sectors in which we do business, including legal, environmental, social, industry and product specialists. IFC recruits Investment Officers to identify business opportunities, execute transactions, actively manage portfolio projects and build relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials. Investment Officers are driven by their commitment to contribute to private sector development in our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC.
We look for:
- MBA or equivalent qualification
- At least 4 years experience in finance/investment
- Strong financial, credit and structuring skills
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Genuine commitment to sustainable private sector development
- Geographic flexibility
There are several ways you can consider an Investment Officer role at IFC:
- Search for Investment Job Family under Current Opportunities and apply for a specific position.
- Create a Job Alert and select “Investment” under Job Family to be notified by e-mail of Investment Officer opportunities as they are posted.
- Consider the Young Professionals Program for current MBA students and recent graduates.