Have few minutes? Help us improve how content is organized on IFC.org by completing a brief survey.
Through a joint global program, the World Bank Group and CES, owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), aim to identify and celebrate innovative technologies that can address gaps in women’s health care and safety in emerging markets.
The Global Women’s HealthTech Awards will focus on innovative technologies deployed in emerging markets in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Middle East and North Africa, and Eastern Europe, in three key segments:
- Reproductive health and pregnancy;
- General women’s and adolescent health;
- Women’s safety and security.
The call for applications is open to companies of different size and revenue stage:
- Early stage companies with less than US$5 million in revenue;
- Companies with revenue between US$5–25 million;
- Companies with revenue greater than US$25 million.
The Awards will provide a global platform to recognize companies that clearly demonstrate:
- Innovative solutions that address unique health needs and gaps in emerging markets;
- Technologies that disrupt traditional health care and safety services;
- Connectivity, interlinkages and interoperability with existing health solutions;
- Innovations that promote gender equality, as well as accessibility and affordability for women.
The top 20 applicants will be shortlisted by a screening committee comprising of industry experts including investment professionals and health industry experts from International Finance Corporation (IFC), The World Bank, and CES. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to present to a jury comprising of global healthcare industry experts including staff members from IFC, The World Bank, and CES. The final awardees will be selected by the jury and announced at CES 2022.
The applicants will be evaluated based on a rigorous and transparent selection process with a focus on (i) quality of team, (ii) needs addressed/value proposition, (iii) addressable market size, (iv) differentiation of solution, (v) impact delivered and (vi) commercial traction and financial performance.
Up to nine companies will be selected by jury members to receive the Global Women’s HealthTech Award. In addition, up to three companies will be selected by the delegates attending CES 2022 for the Global Women’s HealthTech Delegate Choice Award.
The winning companies will be showcased on the CES, WBG and IFC channels and will be provided with opportunities for global publicity and networking.