Increased investments in sustainable infrastructure are critical to reaching the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. Economic growth needs to be combined with positive impact on people and the planet, and sustainability efforts must be linked to companies’ business success.
What we do
The Sustainable Infrastructure (SI) Advisory team helps companies build their climate and social inclusion capabilities to strengthen their environmental, social, and governance credibility. Through strategic partnerships, we support companies with offerings that include diagnostics, analysis, and advice on strategy and implementation.
How we collaborate with clients and partners
SI Advisory works with clients and partners across multiple sustainability priorities:
- Climate: Support companies’ climate strategies by providing decarbonization pathways, risk and resilience roadmaps, and just transition processes and plans.
- Gender: Strengthen companies’ capacity to improve gender balance in workforce, leadership, supply chain, communities, and customer base.
- Digital inclusion and accountability: Enhance companies’ digital capabilities with inclusive digital technology and data transparency efforts that increase accountability.
- Local benefit sharing: Boost companies’ benefit sharing and enhance their social license to operate, including through local stakeholder engagement, community investment strategy design, and local economic development projects.
- Sustainability-linked finance: Guide companies on developing climate and social strategies, setting key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets, and advancing sustainability goals.
Find out more about Sustainable Infrastructure Advisory’s work on CommDev.org—a platform for best practices and community-industry links, featuring multimedia content by the World Bank Group and its partners.