Investing in Women: New Evidence for the Business Case
A growing body of evidence shows how companies can benefit from investing in women as employees, entrepreneurs, customers, and community partners. Such investments help companies in several ways, from broadening the talent pool to increasing productivity, providing an opportunity to transform local and global markets.
IFC's new report, Investing in Women: New Evidence for the Business Case, demonstrates how IFC clients, including banks and agribusiness companies, have benefited from developing and implementing gender-smart solutions.
Download the full report or individual company case studies below. French and Spanish language versions will be available soon.
• Executive Briefing: The Business Case for Gender-Smart Solutions in the Private Sector (PDF)
• Case Study: Banco BHD León Uses Women-Centered Design to Grow its Market in the Dominican Republic (PDF)
• Case Study: Banking on Women Entrepreneurs Pays Dividends at BLC Bank (PDF)
• Case Study: Women Entrepreneurs Open a Path for Digital Services in the Democratic Republic of Congo (PDF)
• Case Study: Boyner Group’s Supply Chain Strengthens Women in Business (PDF)
• Case Study: Addressing Gender-Based Violence with Companies in Papua New Guinea (PDF)
• Case Study: Gender-Smart Solutions Reduce Employee Absenteeism and Turnover in Solomon Islands (PDF)
• Case Study: Employing Women Catalyzes Change at a Chemical Plant In India (PDF)
• Case Study: Women Entrepreneurs Light the Way for Solar Products in India (PDF)
• Case Study: NCS Drives Women's Leadership in Papua New Guinea (PDF)