What is the Green Bond Technical Assistance Program ?
In 2018, IFC launched the Green Bond Technical Assistance Program (GB-TAP) to develop the green bond market in developing countries. GB-TAP provides technical assistance to financial institutions on green bond issuances and delivers global public goods through a range of activities and initiatives. The program was developed in partnership with the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), and the Ministry of Finance of Luxembourg.
IFC also developed the Amundi Planet Emerging Green One Fund (AP EGO Fund), the largest green bond fund in emerging markets, selecting Amundi Asset Management as a fund manager. The fund will invest more than US$ 2 billion in emerging market green bonds during its investment period, helping generate strong demand for the asset class. With GB-TAP and the AP EGO Fund, IFC aims to stimulate both the supply and demand of green bonds in emerging economies.
What do we offer?
GB-TAP offers a range of activities and initiatives to foster the supply of emerging market green bonds:
- Executive training on green bonds for emerging markets financial institution professionals
- Communication and dissemination of the Green Bond Principles
- Quality reporting enhancement through knowledge products and ESG data collection
- Knowledge sharing through a variety of reports, case studies, online training, webinars, and workshops on green bonds and sustainable financing
- Green bond and green finance policy development support to public sector institutions
- Technical assistance to emerging market green bond issuers
Financial institutions represented in trainings
Financial institutions directly supported with technical assistance
Emerging market countries represented
Generated in green bonds
Tons of CO2 emissions avoided
Generated in social and sustainability bonds