The 2012 edition of IFC's Sustainability Framework, which includes the Performance Standards, applies to all investment and advisory clients whose projects go through IFC's initial credit review process after January 1, 2012.
Earlier versions of IFC's environmental and social policies, procedures, and standards are provided as reference material only. Note that in case of discrepancies between the original English text and the translated documents, the English text will prevail.
- View resources specific to the Performance Standards
- What's the Business Case for Sustainability? (July 2012)
- Understanding IFC's Environmental and Social Review Process [PDF]
- Find out more about the 2009-2011 Review and Update of the Sustainability Framework
- Performance Standards Community of Learning
- View the webinar on IFC Performance Standards 101 (English and Spanish), presented by IFC expert Reidar Kvam)
2012 Performance Standards
2012 Guidance Notes
- Interpretation Note on Small and Medium Enterprises and Environmental and Social Risk Management
- Interpretation Note on Financial Intermediaries
- Interpretation Note on Environmental and Social Categorization
2006 Guidance Notes