For more than a decade, IFC has supported Fintech companies that focus on technology-driven innovation in financial services. By mid-2020, we had invested more than $600 million in equity and debt in early- and growth-stage companies around the globe.
We are a long-term partner and investor with the ability to provide growth and expansion capital, sector knowledge, and access to our global network.
Our Investment Criteria
- Outstanding management team and capable investors / shareholders
- Tech-driven business models with the potential to disrupt existing industries and/or expanding reach to new markets
- Late venture or growth stage with existing revenues and strong unit economics
- Potential for market lead through sustainable competitive or first-mover advantage
For business plans and general inquiries, please email Fintech@ifc.org or reach out to our team members directly.
What we offer
- Multi-stage capital from early stage to growth equity, long-term debt, and other financial products that can be tailored to our clients’ needs
- Expertise from Fintech investments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, making IFC the largest emerging-market Fintech investor
- The IFC-sponsored network of Fintech CEOs from 80 companies around the world
- Unparalleled international experience and presence with local teams in 98 countries
- Access to World Bank Group relationships with financial services regulators and access to IFC portfolio companies.