IFC Careers Types of Roles
Submit your expression of interest here! See below.
Investment Officers are the project leaders of multidisciplinary teams of IFC professionals who have expertise in the regions or sectors in which we do business, including legal, environmental, social, industry and product specialists. IFC recruits Investment Officers to identify business opportunities, execute transactions, actively manage portfolio projects and build relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials. Investment Officers are driven by their commitment to contribute to private sector development in our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC.
We look for:
- MBA or equivalent qualification
- At least 4 years experience in finance/investment
- Strong financial, credit and structuring skills
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Genuine commitment to sustainable private sector development
- Geographic flexibility
There are several ways you can consider an Investment Officer role at IFC:
- Search for Investment stream under Current Opportunities and apply for a specific position.
- Create a Job Search Agent Profile and select “Investment” under Job Cluster to be notified by e-mail of Investment Officer opportunities as they are posted.
- Consider the Global Transaction Team Program for current MBA students and recent graduates.
- Submit an expression of interest for an Investment Officer role so that your profile may be matched to a position when it becomes available.
Submit your interest in Associate Investment Officer/Investment Officer roles (4-9 years of experience)
Submit your interest in Senior/Principal Investment Officer roles (10+ years of experience)
You will be directed to the Member Center register a new account or log in with an existing account. For further instructions, review the How to Apply Guide. Expressions of interest will be reviewed by our recruitment experts on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will potentially be matched to open positions. You will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview, and you may check the status of your application(s) online at any time.