IFC Careers Recruitment Programs
Summer Internship Program
Summer Interns are hired for a duration of four to ten weeks between May and September every year in Washington, DC or directly in one of IFC’s country or regional offices. On average, about 30-40 candidates are selected every year.
As a Summer Intern, you will be assigned to an industry, regional or service department within IFC. Assignments cover various areas of work throughout the value chain, including business development, investment proposal review, financial modeling and analysis, advisory services strategy, and portfolio management.
Who can Apply?
Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of an MBA or similar graduate program. Specific selection criteria include:
For investment positions, work experience (3-6 years) in international finance, which could include corporate finance, investment banking, financial consulting, private equity, credit analysis, or commercial banking
- Knowledge of sectors relevant to IFC and emerging markets experience preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multicultural teams and across borders
- Fluency in English; proficiency in one or more of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish strongly preferred
- Commitment to sustainable private sector development
Application and Selection Process
The application period is now closed. Candidates will be short-listed and Individual departments contact them directly for interviews and usually conclude their hiring decisions between mid-March and end of April. All short-listed candidates will be notified by email. Please note that not all short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews and If you are not contacted via email and/or telephone for an interview by May 30, 2016 then you can assume you have not been selected.