IFC Careers Recruitment Programs
Investment Analyst Program
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for Investment Analyst positions that are expected to become available over the next 3-6 months in Washington and in our regional offices, including in Asia (Beijing, Singapore, Delhi and Mumbai), EMENA (Istanbul and Moscow) and Africa (Dakar, Nairobi and Johannesburg). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are submitted.
Investment analysts are an integral part of a project team and are given high levels of responsibility and broad exposure to the many aspects of international project and corporate finance.
IFC recruits investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience, while a select number are promoted directly to Investment Officer positions. Due to the high level of responsibility and the unique nature of their work, IFC’s investment analysts are accepted by leading graduate programs worldwide. In some cases, upon completion of their graduate degrees, analysts return to IFC as investment officers.
- Creating financial models
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements
- Conducting industry and market research
- Reviewing company information
- Preparing documentation for IFC internal processes
- Participating in investment negotiations
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution or other finance-related field
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance
- Ability to develop complex financial models
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Fluency in English and proficiency in one or more of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish preferred
Application and Selection Process
Please submit your expression of interest below. You will be prompted to log into the Member Center or create a new account. Expressions of interest will be reviewed by our recruitment experts on a rolling basis, and you may check the status of your application(s) online at any time.
We will place the profiles of short-listed candidates in a database accessible by all IFC hiring managers. Individual hiring managers will then contact selected candidates directly for interviews. IFC departments hire investment analysts on an as-needed basis throughout the year, so applicants may remain in the database for up to six months after application. Not all short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We also encourage interested candidates to visit the Current Opportunities section of our Careers website to view and apply for open Investment Analyst positions in specific locations.
Please select the location(s) you would like to be considered for: