About the IFC Benchmark Tool
What it is
This benchmark tool is a collection of environmental performance benchmarks for food industry compiled from various selected publications. The tool enables the user to search for collected benchmarks within industry sub sectors such as:
- Meat processing
- Fish processing
- Fruit and vegetables processing
- Milk processing
- Bakeries and pasta processing
- Drinks and beverages including mineral and drinking water
- Sugar (beet)
- Sugar (cane)
- Coffee, Cocoa and Tea processing
- Vegetable oil and fat manufacturing (soy, sunflower and palm)
- Grain processing (milling, starch flour and malt)
- Alcohol production (as part of food processing units, excluding biofuels)
For each sub-sector, collected benchmarks have been sorted into industry segments whenever applicable. A segment is a food industry segment of a specific sub-sector. An example, “Poultry” is a segment of the sub-sector “Meat processing”.
- Provide instrument allowing fast access to relevant environmental benchmark data;
- Provide instrument to enter, store, and use analogical data obtained by technical experts from different resources including clients;
- Provide instrument to share collected data within IFC.
Tool allows using already collected information in more comfortable way as compared to the book/brochure or other more traditional way. The user can:
- see details on data sources, and
- print selected data.
The tool is also intended for dynamic use and thus enables the user to:
- Add own benchmarks;
- Include new benchmark types;
- Add benchmarks or comments to individual benchmark figures.
Download User Guide here (PDF) and IFC Benchmark Tool here (excel)