In FY20, our new long-term commitments in financial institutions totaled about $9.3 billion, including $3.5 billion mobilized from other investors.
Learn more about IFC’s work with Financial Institutions.
Project Financing and Portfolio, by Industry
|$ millions, for the year ending June 30||FY20|
|Long-term investment commitments||5,801|
|Guarantees and risk management||537|
|Portfolio Exposure2 for IFCs account||22,824|
|Committed portfolio for loan syndications3||3,236|
|Total Portfolio Exposure4||26,060|
- Including Loan Syndications (B-Loans, Parallel Loans, and MCPP Loans), IFC Initiatives, AMC Funds, Advisory Mobilization, as applicable for this industry.
- Portfolio exposure is defined as the sum of the (i) committed exposure for IFCs debt investments, (ii) fair market value of IFCs equity investments, and (iii) total undisbursed equity commitments.
- Including B-Loans, MCPP Loans, CIPs, and ALPs.
- Includes short-term finance.
Development Outcome Reach
|SME loans ($ millions)1,2||360,561||406,737|
|SME loans (millions of loans)1,2||7.9||10.7|
|Microfinance loans ($ millions)1,2||75,991||75,646|
|Microfinance loans (millions of loans)1,2||50.3||48.9|
|Housing finance loans ($ millions)3||80,396||46,667|
|Housing finance loans (millions of loans)3||2.78||2.47|
|Trade finance transactions ($ billions)4||284||188|
|Trade finance transactions (millions of transactions)4||1.6||0.9|
- Portfolio reach figures represent the micro, small, and medium outstanding loan portfolio of IFCs financial institution clients with MSME-oriented finance.
- Reported Microfinance and SME loans include a substantial contribution from two large institutions in East Asia & the Pacific region.
- Portfolio reach figures represent housing finance loans outstanding for housing finance-oriented financial institutions. CY19 includes the data from 37 housing finance clients.
- The total number and dollar volume of trade transactions financed by the Global Trade Finance Programs network of emerging-market banks are based on actual data from 99% (number) and 64% (dollar volume) of the networks active banks for CY19. This data represents total transactions executed by network banks supported by the GTFP. Data for the remaining 1% (number) and 36% (dollar volume) has been calculated by IFC using internal calculation guidelines or by summing up only transactions directly guaranteed by IFC for these network banks. The figures are not directly comparable to last years due to variance in the number of active banks in the program and those who submitted survey responses. CY18 data has been updated to reflect prior-year data corrections from survey participants.
Global Trade Finance Program Results1
|Total Trade Supported2||5,135||5,075|
- Figures in this table represent trade supported by IFC guarantees issued through the Global Trade Finance Program in support of the payment obligations of emerging-market banks.
- Total trade supported is the total value of goods traded under IFC guarantee. For IDA, FCS, and Sub-Saharan Africa, it is measured as the value of goods where the region or classification in question was the origin and/or destination of shipment (i.e., on either end of the trade transaction).
- South-South total trade supported is measured as the total value of goods traded under IFC guarantee where the shipments country of origin and country of destination are South countries, defined as IFC member countries where IFC can undertake investment and advisory operations.