Health & Education
In FY20, our new long-term commitments in health and education totaled about $884 million, including $217 million mobilized from other investors.
Project Financing and Portfolio, by Industry
|Health & Education|
|$ millions, for the year ending June 30||FY20|
|Long-term investment commitments||667|
|Guarantees and risk management||—|
|Portfolio Exposure2 for IFCs account||2,785|
|Committed portfolio for loan syndications3||382|
|Total Portfolio Exposure||3,167|
- Including Loan Syndications (B-Loans, Parallel Loans, and MCPP Loans), IFC Initiatives, AMC Funds, Advisory Mobilization, as applicable for this industry.
- Portfolio exposure is defined as the sum of the (i) committed exposure for IFCs debt investments, (ii) fair market value of IFCs equity investments, and (iii) total undisbursed equity commitments.
- Including B-Loans and MCPP Loans.
Development Outcome Reach
|Health & Education||Portfolio|
|Number of patients1||49,913,241||55,250,497|
|Number of students1,2||4,698,638||5,521,561|
|Domestic purchase of goods and services ($ millions)||4,708||8,282|
|Payments to governments ($ millions)||1,285||1,061|
- Including all reach in IFC.
- One client in World Region contributed 3.6 million of students reached in CY19.