Have 5 minutes? Help us improve how content is organized on IFC.org by completing a brief survey.
IFC’s value proposition:
- A supranational institution with fully paid-in capital
- Owned by governments of 185 member countries with more than 50 percent of capital held by AAA/AA sovereigns
- Strong financial profile with substantial capital and high liquidity
- Highly diversified global portfolio with debt and equity exposure in 125 countries and over 2,000 companies
- 0 percent risk weighting under Basel Framework
- Consistently rated AAA/Aaa (stable outlook) by S&P and Moody’s
IFC’s strong financial fundamentals:
- IFC has one of the lowest ratios of debt to net worth of any supranational institution
- IFC’s growth is financed predominantly by retained earnings
- Duration of funding matches maturity of IFC’s loan portfolio
- IFC’s equity investments are funded by its net worth
IFC has been recognized by leading industry bodies and has won a number of awards for its bond issuance activities, including Green Bond Development Bank of the Year, Impact Report of the Year, Power Performer: Social Bond Issuer. See the full list of awards.