WHAT IS MALENA?
IFC’s Machine Learning ESG Analyst (MALENA) is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered platform that extracts meaningful insights from unstructured ESG data at scale, enabling rapid analysis, increasing productivity and building investor confidence.
HOW DOES MALENA WORK?
Through Natural Language Processing (NLP) MALENA identifies relevant content using a list of over 1,200 ESG risk terms pre-determined by IFC. The NLP model assigns a positive, negative or neutral sentiment for each risk term based on its context.
- Trained in-house by IFC, leveraging 16 years of unique historical emerging markets ESG data.
- Tested and refined by IFC subject matter experts.
- Performing at 90% accuracy.
WHO IS MALENA FOR?
MALENA is designed for asset owners, asset managers, multilateral development banks, commercial banks, private equity funds, and other investors seeking to increase ESG investments in emerging markets while tackling constraints to ESG data and analytical capacity.
WHY MALENA ?
- Can analyze unstructured ESG data at scale
- Complements traditional ESG data providers where coverage is missing
- Increases analyst productivity
- Enhances ESG risk identification
- Improves ESG integration
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS MALENA?
- MALENA is currently in beta testing *
- Securely access the MALENA sentiment analysis model via API
- Receive ESG sentiment analysis
* MALENA is currently available to asset managers. Contact us if you are an emerging markets investor interested in beta testing MALENA.