Nations that struggle with high unemployment, failing infrastructure, or economic uncertainty face difficult challenges—but people in fragile and conflict-affected situations (FCS) across the globe often grapple with these problems simultaneously, sometimes for years on end. Estimates show that by 2030, half the world’s extreme poor will live in countries characterized by fragility, conflict, and violence.
Preventing and mitigating these challenges is key to making progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals and to the international community’s broader efforts to promote peace and prosperity.
The impact of IFC financial clients in 2015:
- 33.5Thousand JOBS SUPPORTED
- 74Thousand FARMERS REACHED
- 104.5Thousand PATIENTS CARED FOR
- 22 MILLION PHONE CONNECTIONS PROVIDED
- 9.8 MILLION CUSTOMERS SUPPLIED WITH POWER
- 44.5Thousand LOANS TO SMES