Scale Climate Investments
By 2020, IFC aims to have climate investments account for 28 percent of its total financing portfolio.
To reach this goal, IFC must increase climate investments by an estimated 50 percent from previous years and will need to move into new climate markets, create new investment vehicles, and increase internal tools and support. This ambitious growth is achievable, but not through business-as-usual.
IFC will continue its engagements in heretofore core areas:
- Large-scale renewable energy
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy credit lines
- Direct investments in green buildings
IFC aims to expand its business in:
- Distributed renewable energy for industrial and commercial sources
- New financial intermediaries models
- Urban infrastructure
- Clean tech venture capital