Sustainability and Climate Business
- There has never been a better time for private firms and the banks that finance them to make profitable investments in sustainable development.
- Sustainable and climate-smart investments in emerging markets increased 47 percent per year between 2004 and 2011, spurred by supportive regulations and declining technology costs.
- New investment needs will reach at least $700 billion annually between now and 2030. This includes economically viable projects in:
- clean energy technology and infrastructure
- resource-efficient industry
- green building
- Resource Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Agriculture and Other Value Chains
- Green Building
- Vendor Financing for Energy Efficiency Improvements & Small-Scale Power Generation
- Sustainable Trade Finance
- Financing Energy Access for All