For more than a decade, IFC has supported Fintech companies that focus on technology-driven innovation in financial services. By mid-2020, we had invested more than $600 million in equity and debt in early- and growth-stage companies around the globe.
We are a long-term partner and investor with the ability to provide growth and expansion capital, sector knowledge, and access to our global network.
Our Investment Criteria:
- Outstanding management team and capable investors / shareholders
- Tech-driven business models with the potential to disrupt existing industries and/or expanding reach to new markets
- Late venture or growth stage with existing revenues and strong unit economics
- Potential for market lead through sustainable competitive or first-mover advantage
For business plans and general inquiries, please email Fintech@ifc.org or reach out to our team members directly.
What we offer
- Multi-stage capital from early stage to growth equity, long-term debt, and other financial products that can be tailored to our clients’ needs
- Expertise from Fintech investments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, making IFC the largest emerging-market Fintech investor
- The IFC-sponsored network of Fintech CEOs from 80 companies around the world
- Unparalleled international experience and presence with local teams in 98 countries
- Access to World Bank Group relationships with financial services regulators and access to IFC portfolio companies.
IFC's Fintech CEO Summit
We convene CEOs and thought leaders in this evolving industry to help promote its transparency and development impact.
IFC's Fintech Investments*
- $$665MILLIONINVESTMENTS SINCE INCEPTION
- 59COMPANIESINVESTED TO DATE
- $$153BILLIONANNUAL PAYMENTS VOLUME BY PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
- $2.1 BILLIONLOANS ORIGINATED
*Data as of March 2021