Good Practice Handbook: Use of Security Forces: Assessing and Managing Risks and Impacts
142 pages | © February 2017 IFC | Complimentary
This Good Practice Handbook on the Use of Security Forces: Assessing and Managing Risks and Impacts has been developed for IFC clients and other private sector companies and their consultants. The handbook provides practical, project-level guidance for companies to better understand and implement the requirements outlined in Performance Standard 4. Chapters focus on risk assessment, managing private security, managing the relationship with public security, preparing a security management plan, and assessing allegations or incidents related to security personnel.
Tools and Templates:
Word documents available for free download after providing brief information to help us understand usage of these tools and templates.
- Annex A: Template Invitation to Bid and Request for Proposals for Security Risk Assessment and Security Management Plan [Download in WORD]
- Annex B: Guidance for Drafting a Security Management Plan [Download in WORD]
- Annex C: Template Contract with a Private Security Provider [Download in WORD]
- Annex D: Sample Incident Report Summary Template [Download in WORD]
- Annex E: Template Memorandum of Understanding [Download in WORD]
- Annex F: Resources for Further Guidance on Use of Security Forces [Download in WORD]
Short URL for this page: www.ifc.org/securityforces