Sustainability Policies & Standards
IFC Sustainability Framework - 2012 Edition
The Sustainability Framework consists of
- The Policy on Environmental and Social Sustainability, which defines IFC's commitments to environmental and social sustainability.
- The Performance Standards, which define clients' responsibilities for managing their environmental and social risks.
- The Access to Information Policy, which articulates IFC's commitment to transparency.
- The updated 2012 edition of IFC's Sustainability Framework applies to all investment and advisory clients whose projects go through IFC's initial credit review process after January 1, 2012.
- The 2006 edition of IFC's Sustainability Framework applies to investments that go through IFC's initial credit review process from April 30, 2006 to December 31, 2011.
- Investments made prior to April 30, 2006 are subject to the Safeguard Policies
- Board Paper approved on May 12, 2011 [PDF]
- Summary of Key Changes in the Sustainability Policy and Performance Standards (Annex A of the Board Paper) [PDF]
- Fact Sheet: IFC's Updated Sustainability Framework [PDF]
- IFC's Updated Sustainability Framework: booklet version [PDF] | text version [PDF]
- The Business Case for Sustainability (brochure)
IFC Exclusion List: Defines the types of projects that IFC does not finance. Learn more about the IFC Exclusion List »
* Note: In case of discrepancies between the original English text and the translated documents, the English text will prevail.
Short URL for this page: http://www.ifc.org/sustainabilityframework2012