Renewable-energy projects such as the Tafila Wind Farm are putting Jordan on the path to sustainable development. © Dominic Chavez/IFC
IFC is working to promote innovative solutions to today’s toughest challenges in infrastructure—from helping viable projects get started to offering new models of financing to support them. We call this approach “working upstream”—ahead of where multilateral development banks and commercial financiers typically get involved in the project cycle.
Below are examples of IFC’s innovative approach to infrastructure support. Learn about these initiatives and reach out to us on other areas where we could work together. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to share your ideas.
- Scaling Solar: Making It Easier to Develop Solar Power
- Early-Stage Project Work Through InfraVentures
- Problem-Solving with Cities and Mayors
- Kick-Starting Renewable Energy in Jordan
- Creating a Market for Argentina Renewables
- Financing Solutions for Colombia Roads