We are happy to discuss project proposals informally and advise on next steps. As a minimum requirement for applying for financing, we require a written project plan. Information should include the categories set out below. These are organized primarily for financing investments in hospitals and clinics and will need to be adapted for other types of health care projects, such as, health insurance, telemedicine, etc.
1. Executive Summary
2. National/Local Health Sector and Target Market.Can the market absorb the services to be provided by the project?
Regulatory framework Analysis of the sector Demand: market segments, size, growth, and projections Supply: key players, competitors, market positions, differentials, prices, quality of services Potential changes in the sector (regulation, competition, etc.) Potential changes in the market (growing unemployment, changes in demand profile, etc.)
3. The Company, Sponsors, and Management. Who owns, controls, and runs the company?
History Shareholders Organizational chart Management team Partners/alliance – local and international Current operations (beds, services offered, etc.)
4. Financial Performance.What is the sponsor’s financial history?
Revenues, main service lines Variable cost structure, main elements Fixed cost structure, main elements Capital structure and cost Audited financial statements for the past three years in US dollars
5. Strategic Plan.Where the company wants to be in 10 years and how it plans to get there?
New strategy and goals (target markets, customers, cost reduction programs, repositioning, etc.) Company strengths Company weaknesses
6. The Project. How will the project help fulfill the goals outlined in the strategic plan?
Goal and strategic fit Investments (description and cost) Specialties and services proposed Referral system Links with local medical community
7. Project Financing Plan
Proposed debt/equity ratio Sources of financing What is required from IFC Security package
8. Activity Projections
Bed numbers Occupancy rate Lengths of stay Number of inpatients Number of outpatients
9. Financial Projections.What is the project’s expected financial performance and impact on the company?
Income statement Balance sheet Sources and uses Project’s internal rate of return
10. Risks and Issues.Are there any other issues that can affect the company or the project?
Non-profit or cooperative status Opportunities and threats Project strengths and weaknesses